1) Do you think a significant percentage of prominent Republicans would secretly like to see the US become a theocracy?
Yes, though many of them are not all that secret about it. However, they should ahve actually declared WAR on Afghanistan.
2) Do you believe it was a mistake to go to war in Afghanistan?
No. Afghanistan was a justified response to an attack on the United States.
3) In your opinion, is it a myth that American soldiers were spit on when they returned from Vietnam?
I don't know any Vietnam Vets who were spit on, but that sample isn't very large. However, given the mood in some cities, I don't doubt that some vets might have had that experience.
4) Michael Moore's distribution group, Front Row Entertainment, received help marketing "Fahrenheit 9/11" in Lebanon from the terrorist group Hezbollah. Do you believe that was appropriate?
While it's not entirely accurate (it wasn't Hezballah, it was a Lebanese marketing group that gives funding to Hezballah), I don't think that it was appropriate if Front Row sought the assistance out. However,Front Row sold control of the distribution/marketing rights in Lebanon to another company, then Front Row isn't responsible for that marketing. I'm not sufficiently informed of the reality of the issue to comment beyond that.
5) Do you think you can be a patriotic American and support Iraq's anti-occupation resistance?
No. But you can be a patriotic American and oppose the Iraq War, which is the stance of the vast majority of the people opposed to the invasion and occupaton of Iraq. You cannot, however, support the people killing American soldiers and be patriotic.
6) Do you think there is a significant chance that the capture of Saddam Hussein was timed to help George Bush politically?
7) In your opinion, is there a significant chance that Diebold is rigging elections in order to help the GOP?
Yes. The company chairman said he would.
8) Is George Bush more "evil" than Saddam Hussein?
9) In your opinion, is there a significant chance that Republicans rigged some of the Senate races in 2002?
Yes. Of course, there is a significant chance that Democrats did the same. The two party system is coveniently designed to permit such abuses.
10) Was Ingrid Newkirk right when she said, "There is no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights. A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They're all mammals"?
11) Is there any nation in the world that's more of a force for good than the United States?
There is no nation with the resource to be more capable to be a force for good than the US. In practical effect, the US does as much harm as good in the world.
12) In your opinion, is the US a "stingy" country?
No, the US is a greedy country.
13) Is there a significant chance that America will become a fascist state in let's say the next 10 years?
Not in the next 10 years.
14) Do you think there's a significant possibility that liberals will be rounded up and put into some sort of camps in let's say the next 10 years?
15) Is America an imperialist nation in your opinion?
The US is an economically imperialist nation. They are not imperielist in the sense of going out, slaughtering 50% of the adult populace and enslaving the rest imperialism of the 18th & 19th centuries. That said, we can't sustain our approach to economic imperialism in the world. We are sending a significant percentage of our GNP out of the country right now in the form of trade deficits. That is not sustainable and will cause us grief in the future.
16) Do you think "losing" in Vietnam was good for America?
No. Even though we should have told France to go to hell, and helped Ho Chi Mihn set up a democratically ruled nation when he came to us for assistance in the 50s. It's Truman's reticence to call France to task for intolerable imperial abuses that got us embroiled in that effort in the first place.
17) Are you sometimes ashamed to be an American?
No. Silly question.
18) Do you think it's wrong for the President to put the welfare of Americans ahead of the welfare of people in other countries?
No. I think it is wrong for the President to put the welfare of other nations' citizens ahead of American citizens. But he does so at the behest of big business every day he refuses to shut down the US/Mexico border to illegal immigration.
19) Do you see significant, noteworthy, parallels between America and Nazi Germany?
Societally, there are several: the church-backed attacks on free speech and free exercise in the name of decency and morality, the fomenting hatred we are generating in this nation for Muslims (instead of Jews) (without regard to the fact that it is a small minority of Muslims committing the attrocities we object to), the efforts to force religious education into the schools. Those are the ones I'm aware of.
20) In your opinion, was Iraq primarily a "war for oil"?
No. The first invasion certainly was. It was to keep Kuwaiti oil fields open for US consumption. The second war was for GWB to gain revenge for the slight he thought his father suffered.
21) What about Afghanistan? Was that primarily a "war for oil" as well?
No. That's just silly.
22) Do you think it's likely a draft will be declared by the end of George Bush's term?
Not if congress is willing to expand the size of our armed forces immediately and allow increased recruitment. I would like to see the military expanded by a total of 2.4 million, and the guard returned to a primarily state run enterprise that would only be called on in the case of an actual invasion of American soil, and reduced moderately to about 800,000. The reserves should be limited to former full tiem personnel who are willing to return to active duty in case of war.
23) Do you think Iraq was preordained and planned before 9/11 ever took place?
24) In your opinion, is sleep deprivation a form of torture?
If coercively achieved for more than about a day, yes. I don't have a problem with it if the same interogator is the one always interogating the subject and they are up together.
25) Would you prefer that we lose in Iraq?
No. But, given that I think Iraq will wind up falling into civil war, I think we might.
26) Do you believe anyone who goes to Afghanistan or Iraq as a soldier is fighting for an evil cause under an evil commander in chief?
27) Was Michael Moore correct when he said, "There is no terrorist threat in this country. This is a lie?"
No. Evidence would speak against that. I would say that I think the terrorist threat is not as great country-wide as the administration would like us to fear. However, LA, New York, Boston, and DC probably face significant risks as targets.
28) Is there in your opinion a significant chance that the Bush administration either was behind 9/11 or knew it was coming and allowed it to happened?
No. Yes. No. I don't believe they planned, much as I would like to say they were behind it. I do believe that they knew that an attack of that sort was coming. I believe it succeeded because of administrative incompetence.
29) Do you think there is a significant possibility that the Bush administration had a hand in Paul Wellstone's death?
I have seen no evidence to say so, so no.
30) Do you believe that somebody rigged the vote in Ohio during the 2004 Presidential election?
No. I believe that some districts had insufficient resources for their populations and that the Secretary of State was primarily responsible, but that is not vote rigging.
31) In your opinion, do you think there is a significant chance that the Bush administration was behind the anthrax letters that were mailed out to some members of the media and US Senate?
32) Had George Bush lost the election, do you believe there was a significant chance Republicans would have thrown a coup?
33) Do you believe there's a significant chance that Karl Rove or someone else in the Bush administration had something to do with the last minute appearance of the Bin Laden tape right before the Nov. 2nd election?
Yes. I believe someone in the administration worked to keep the tape secret until right before the election. That doesn't mean that I think they had connections to Bin Laden. That means I think they worked to keep it secret until then.
34) Do you believe comparisons of George Bush to Hitler are appropriate?
No. Hitler was a charismatic madman. Bush is a obnoxious pendantic. They aren't the same.
35) Do you think Communism could work if the right people were running it?
It would never work for me. I'm not working to my utmost if I don't get what I want in return.
36) Do you believe that black Americans who support and vote Republican are betraying their race?
No. I do beleive that they are betraying their best interests. They are betraying their best interests when they vote Democratic too. They need to vote for a reasonable third party (say the Libertarians when Harry Browne was running, though the Libertarian party has it's own problems and wingnuts).
37) Do you think people who say Al-Qaeda doesn't exist are right?
38) Are the insurgents in Iraq roughly comparable to Americans who fought against the British in your opinion?
IMO, no. In theirs? Probably.
39) Do you believe Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur was correct when she said, "One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown"?
Depends on what revolutionaries she's talking about...They are similar to the fighters that carried out guerilla attacks against British troops in Pakistan. They are similar to some African groups that fought the crown.
They aren't similar to American revolutionaries.
40) Do you believe there's a significant chance that the US Government knows where Bin Laden is and is deliberately allowing him to remain free?
No. Not really. But, I would like to, because I like to blame Bush for all that is bad in the world, just cause I don't like him. He's a dirtbag.